Talks and Lectures
A: Upcoming Talks and Lectures: 2021-
(1) RSA Oceania 'De-colonising the Future: The Movement for Intergenerational Justice' in 'Re-claiming the Future' Series (7th October 2021) [online]
(2) 'Living Justly within Ecological Limits', the Paris School of Economics/École Normale Supérieure (15th October 2021) [online]
(3) 'Political Responsibility and Planetary Boundaries', at the 'Workshop on 'Planetary Responsibility', the LSE (11th-12th December 2021),
(4) 'Justice in the Anthropocene', Japanese Conference for the Study of Political Thought, Tokyo (21st May 2022) [online]
(5) 'Climate Justice, Capitalism and the Commons', Hannover (1st June 2022),
(6) 'Global Injustice:Tackling Three Exclusionary Tendencies – Agenda Formation, Voices, and Agency'
Utrecht (June 2022) [online]
(7) Title TBE - Frankfurt (23rd-24th June 2022).
B: Recent Talks
(1) 4th-5th June 2018: 'Prefigurative Politics and the Transition to a Better World', London School of Economics (co-organised by LSE and Georgia State University).
(2) 18th-20th June 2018: Conference on 'Justice Between Generations and the Responsibilities of Parents', Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
(3) 7th September 2018: 'Democracy and the Future', Department of Philosophy, Helsinki University.
(4) 7th November 2018: 'Deepening Democracy: Exploring some Mechanisms for Addressing Harmful Short-Termism', Political Science Department, Columbia University.
(5) 15th November 2018: 'Public Philosophy and Climate Justice', 'Making a Difference? From Climate Justice Theory to Practice', University of Reading.
(6) 28th February/1st March 2019: Keynote Lecture 'Democracy, Short-Termism and Responsibilities to the Future', Conference on 'The Lost Decade: Planning the Future', Copenhagen.
(7) 15th-16th March 2019: 'People, Planet and Public Policy: The Role of "Population" in Addressing Climate Change', PPE Conference 'Population, Public Policy, and Climate Change', New Orleans.
(8) 23rd-24th May 2019: Keynote Lecture at Amsterdam Political Theory Graduate Conference.
(9) 27th-28th June 2019: 'Justice, Democracy and the Anthropocene', Interpreting the Anthropocene: Hope and Anxiety at the End of Nature, University of Frankfurt.
 Justice and Ecological Sustainability', Political Philosophy Colloquium Leiden (February 2020)
 'Power, Political Responsibilities and Climate Change', Oxford Philosophy Faculty (June 2020) [online]
 'Power, Political Responsibilities and Climate Change', Bridging Gaps of Affluence, Nation and Time', Princeton University Climate Futures Initiative, (August 10-24, 2020) [online]
 'The Challenges of Governing for the Long-Term: Why the Problem is Deep', Mancept Workshop on 'Democracy and Intergenerational Justice' (September 2020) [online]
 'Power, Political Responsibilities and Climate Change', University of South Carolina, USA (December 2020) [online]
 'Power, Political Responsibilities and Climate Change', 'Ethics in a Global Environment', Centre for the Study of Global Ethics 6th Annual Conference, University of Birmingham (27-28 May 2021) [online]
 'Resource Rights in the Anthropocene', 'Why Private Property II ? How Does the Coming Ecological Crises Challenge Contemporary Theories of Property?", Oxford (10-11 May 2021)
 'Self-Emancipation and Structural Injustice' 'Responsibility for Global Structural Injustices' Conference Paris (June 2021) [online]
 'Political Feasibility and Political Responsibility: Integrating Political Philosophy and Political Science', Climate Futures Workshop, Princeton. [online]
 'Power, Political Responsibilities and Climate Change', Institute for Future Studies, Stockholm (September 2021) [online]
 'Power, Political Responsibilities and Climate Change', 'Climate & Change. Legal and ethical implications"Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa (14th September 2021) [online].