Talks and Lectures
A: Upcoming Talks and Lectures: September 2019-
In 2019-2020 I am presenting papers at Stockholm (September 2019), UCL (October 2019), Manchester (November 2019), Leiden (February 2020).
Talks at Tokyo (March), Birmingham (May 2020), Oxford (May) and Paris (June) have been postponed or cancelled.
I am currently scheduled to give talks at Frankfurt (July), Utrecht (September), Oxford (November), and Geneva (November) but whether these go ahead will obviously depend on the situation with COVID-19.
B: Recent Talks
(1) 4th-5th June 2018: 'Prefigurative Politics and the Transition to a Better World', London School of Economics (co-organised by LSE and Georgia State University).
(2) 18th-20th June 2018: Conference on 'Justice Between Generations and the Responsibilities of Parents', Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
(3) 7th September 2018: 'Democracy and the Future', Department of Philosophy, Helsinki University.
(4) 7th November 2018: 'Deepening Democracy: Exploring some Mechanisms for Addressing Harmful Short-Termism', Political Science Department, Columbia University.
(5) 15th November 2018: 'Public Philosophy and Climate Justice', 'Making a Difference? From Climate Justice Theory to Practice', University of Reading.
(6) 28th February/1st March 2019: Keynote Lecture 'Democracy, Short-Termism and Responsibilities to the Future', Conference on 'The Lost Decade: Planning the Future', Copenhagen.
(7) 15th-16th March 2019: 'People, Planet and Public Policy: The Role of "Population" in Addressing Climate Change', PPE Conference 'Population, Public Policy, and Climate Change', New Orleans.
(8) 23rd-24th May 2019: Keynote Lecture at Amsterdam Political Theory Graduate Conference.
(9) 27th-28th June 2019: 'Justice, Democracy and the Anthropocene', Interpreting the Anthropocene: Hope and Anxiety at the End of Nature, University of Frankfurt.