News: Forthcoming Workshops, Talks and Papers
A: Workshops on 'On Cosmopolitanism'
There are four workshops on the manuscript of my book, On Cosmopolitanism (under contract to Oxford University Press).
 4th November 2016: Department of Government, University of Essex.
 20th January 2017: Centre for the Study of Global Ethics & Department of Philosophy, University of Birmingham.
 27th January 2017: Goethe-Universität Frankfurt.
 15th March 2017, Chaire Hoover d'éthique économique et sociale, Université Catholique de Louvain.
B:Talks (2017 onwards)
(1) 31st January 2017: 'Justice and Energy Policy', at the In Search of ‘Good’ Energy Policy Seminar Series organized by the Energy@Cambridge Strategic Research Initiative.
(2) 16th March 2017: 'title to be confirmed', KU Leuven.
(3)11th-12th May: 'title to be confirmed', at the Priority in Practice workshop, at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford.
(4) 1st-2nd June 2017: Keynote Speaker at the Conference on 'Humanitarian Ethics and Action', Department of Philosophy, University of Birmingham.
(5) 15th-16th June 2017: 'title to be confirmed', at a Workshop on 'Revolution, Oppression and Political Violence', Kings College London.
(6) 30th June 2017: 'Politics and Time: Three Kinds of Intertemporal Dilemma', Workshop on 'Democratic Innovations and Future Generations', Universitat de Barcelona.
(7) 25th-27th September 2017: 'Norms for Dealing with Nature – The Case of Climate Change', Deutsche Gesellschaft für Philosophie, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
C: Keynote Lectures (2010-2016)
(1) ‘Environmental Sustainability, Population, and Intergenerational Justice', Climate Ethics and Climate Economics: Discounting the Future, Oxford (12th January);
(2) ‘Realizing Climate Justice: From Principles to Policies', Conference on ‘Climate Justice After Paris’, University of Reading (28th-29th January);
(3) ‘The Risk Lecture: Can Democracy Cope with Climate Change?’, Conference on ‘What is so Disturbing About Climate Change?’, University of Essen (24th-25th June);
(4) ‘Climate Justice: The Significance of Detection and Attribution’, Hans Sigrist Symposium on The Human Fingerprint on the Earth System, University of Bern (2nd December 2016).
(1) ‘Justice in the Transition to a Better World: on the Relationship between Means and Ends', LSE Graduate Conference in Political Theory (19th-20th March);
(2) 'Global Injustice and the Rights of Necessity and Resistance', VI Meetings on Ethics and Political Philosophy, University of Minho, Portugal (8th-9th June);
(3) ‘The Collective Duty to Resist Injustice and to Create Just Institutions', Conference on Collective Responsibility for the Future, University College Dublin (15th-16th June 2015).
(1) ‘Epistemic Injustice: Autonomy, Respect and Responsibility’, Conference on ‘Understanding Epistemic Injustice’, Department of Philosophy, University of Bristol (26th-27th June);
(2) ‘Justice, Poverty and Climate Change’, Global Justice and the Global South’, University of Birmingham (26th November).
(1) ‘Addressing Injustice: Who Bears Which Responsibilities?’, Conference on ‘Migration and Bioethics: The Case of Undocumented Migrants, Refugees and Asylum Seekers’, Brocher Foundation, Geneva (25th-28th June);
(2) ‘Tolstoy’s Question: The Ecological Preconditions of Justice’, Societas Ethica Conference on ‘Climate Change, Sustainability and an Ethics of an Open Future’, Soesterberg (22nd-25th August).
(1) ‘“Free Movement and Choice” and/versus “Health Care”? Minimizing Injustice in a Radically non-Ideal World’, Conference on ‘Distributing Human Resources for Health–Ethics and Health Policy’ at the Geneva Brocher Foundation (18th-22nd June);
(2) ‘Justice, Equality and Humanity’, Conference ‘On the Scope of Distributive Justice: Relational and Non-relational Views’, CEU, Budapest (5th–7th July).
(1) ‘What is a Fair Distribution of Greenhouse Gas Emissions?’, Canadian Political Science Association Conference: Plenary Session on ‘Global Justice and Global Governance’ (17th–18th May).
(1) ‘Rights, Risk and Uncertainty’, Conference on ‘Cost-Benefit Analysis: Uncertainty, Discounting and the Sustainable Future’ (12th-13th April), Eindhoven University of Technology;
(2) ‘Justice, Equality and Greenhouse Gas Emissions’, Conference on ‘Ethics, Energy & the Future: Technology for a Sustainable Society’, (24th-26th June), Technical University Delft;
(3) ‘Justice, Equality and Greenhouse Gas Emissions’, Third ‘International Global Ethics Association’ Conference: ‘Global Ethics: 10 years into the Millennium’, Bristol (30th June-2nd July).
I also gave an Oxford Amnesty Lecture on ‘Human Rights in a Finite World’ on 3rd May 2012.
D: Recent and Forthcoming Publications
 'Political Institutions for the Future: A Five-Fold Package' in Institutions for Future Generations (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016) edited by Axel Gosseries and Iñigo González Ricoy, pp.135-155.
 ‘Climate Change and Distributive Justice’ in The Oxford Handbook of Distributive Justice (Oxford: Oxford University Press, in press), edited by Serena Olsaretti.
 'The Struggle for Climate Justice in a Non-Ideal World', Midwest Studies in Philosophy: Volume XL “Ethics and Global Climate Change” vol.XL no.1 (2016), pp.9-26.